Sunday 17 April 2011

Spring 2011 - First Impressions (A-Channel, Dog Days, Hanasaku Iroha, Hen Zemi, Hidan no Aria, Kaiji 2, Nichijou, TWGOK2)


So, I finally got into watching some of the anime I had planned to watch this season, it took me a while because I was trying to decide on fansub groups but finally the season has begun for me.



From the following subbers this season I'm watching (At least starting)
Steins;subs    - Steins;Gate
Nutbladder    - Kaiji S2
CMS             - The World God Only Knows S2
Hatsuyuki      - Sket Dance
Hina              - Hen Zemi
Ayako           - Sofuteni
                     - Dog Days
umee             - Deadman Wonderland
Shikkaku      - Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
Doki             - Hanasaku Iroha
                    - C
                    - Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
                    - 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku
                    - Nichijou
                    - A Channel
                    - Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
                    - Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
                    - Hidan no Aria
Don't know - Ao no Exorcist
                    - Astarotte no Omocha!
                    - Moshidora
                    - Tiger & Bunny
                    - Toriko


I dun know
Doki: Why is Doki subbing so much this season?
So much: Am I watching just a tad too much this season? I might end up dropping a bunch of it though.
What sub group: What sub groups should I watch for those who I don't know yet?


Oh yeah, the first impressions
In alphabetical order, fufufu

A-Channel
Best girl right there
Is pretty cool. After two episodes I've decided that this anime is a lot like K-ON or Lucky Star. Thus I know I will enjoy this, being as easy to entertain as I am. There doesn't seem to be much of a plot as it's based on a 4 Koma. Simply this appeals to the kind of anime I like to watch occasionally, check it out for a humerus slice of life.


Dog Days
I'd rather you didn't invade me thoroughly
It seems like a pretty lame anime. It has girls with ears and tails, fights where people only go unconscious and turn into "furballs", feminine male character who can perform impossible leaps and athletics, some fantasy land that main character can't get out of plot. I might keep watching it though, I don't know why however.


Hanasaku Iroha
Hnnggg
This looks pretty good. Very good in fact. I can see this anime becoming very good and after two episodes I'm already hooked. The plot is interesting too, it's pretty simple (Girls mother running away with boyfriend, being sent with grandmother who makes her work at an inn) but there seems to be some special parts such as the boy she left behind and her independent nature. I suggest you pick this one up. Apparently it's like Honey and Clover, but I haven't seen that myself (I've been meaning to, honest).

Hen Zemi
Easy but diseasey, no thanks
What... Is all I have to say. This is an incredibly weird and perverted anime, something about a hentai seminar at this uni that the main character goes to. It's weird, but seeing each episode is only ~12 mins I might keep watching it, just to see where it goes.






Hidan no Aria
Anyone who's seen this knows what's going on underneath
This show actually looks to be very promising and I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode. It sort of reminds me of Toradora and Shakugan no Shana in some ways, and I enjoyed those a lot too. The basic plot behind this is that the main character is a student at a school which trains people to become armed fighters and they are all required to carry around guns and melee weapons. The students of this school and particularly the MC seem to be targeted by a group and so far it looks like it will revolve around that conflict. I look forward to the rest!


Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen
He'll never learn
Kaiji is back, and he's dumber than ever. Right away I was cursing at him for being so dumb yet again. However I really enjoy not enjoying watching Kaiji fail at life. So here's another season of it for me. This time it seems Kaiji has been roped up into a forced labor camp and by the end of the second episode he's already losing all his wages at Chinchirorin. DAMN YOU AGAIN KAIJI! ps. if you haven't seen any Kaiji before, I recommend you check out the first season.


Nichijou
That's everyday life alright
So the title of this anime Nichijou translates into Everyday Life and this anime is nothing of the sort. It reminds me of Lucky Star or Pani Poni Dash or even Azumanga Daioh. Many quirky and stupid things happen and it seems to follow two different groups of people, the loli professor (Becky much?) with her robot and a group of three schoolgirls. Really random stuff happens and it's pretty lighthearted and I personally find it funny, although I've heard some people don't.


The World God Only Knows 2
At least he has his priorities straight
TWGOK continues right where the first season left off, the main character, a dating sim fanatic famed the god of conquering girls (characters) being roped into some demon capturing spirits plot where he has to 'capture' real girls. This leads to some good laughs and the way the main character treats things in terms of a dating sim is quite funny. If you haven't seen the first season I suggest changing that now especially if you like dating sims/VNs. And if you did like the first season, continue it with this second season.


Well, that's all so far
I'll be doing a post similar to this one as I get through the rest of the anime on my Spring 2011 list. Look forward to it.

You, yes you.
What are you watching this season? Any of these? Going to watch any of these? Saving them for when they've finished? etc.   

21 comments:

  1. all great shows from what ive seen. i myself wil wait for the dvds so i can watch them all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking for some descent anime. Thanks for the post and I like your design. :)
    + follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got my attention with Hidan no Aria, guess I'll give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow great review I might go for Dog Days

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surprisingly there are lots of good shows airing this season, I have like 10+ anime that I'm following, seems like you have even more! also, pic that you asked for:
    http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/3627/galleryofheroes.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. >This is an incredibly weird and perverted anime, something about a hentai seminar at this uni that the main character goes to.

    well, I think I've chosen my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very comprehensive review...

    However, anime rots your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks pretty good. I think my sister watched this. Idk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I may be the only one but I tried watching Kaiji but couldn't get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice post, rly cool blog glad i found it! followed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @pawawa Nah, it actually took me a bit of effort to get through it too, it does get a bit tiresome at some parts doesn't it.

    @pie Ah thank you, it looks great as your background by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll check out Kaiji because I been looking for a funny anime lately :D, so I'll check the first season out before watching this sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FFFFFF My long comment bugged out and disappeared!

    Long story short - Love the little list you've put together, terrible at keeping up with latest anime, normally only watch once they're completed!

    Will be checking out A-Channel, as I loved K-On etc

    Still stuck in One Piece - 021 - So long to GO!

    Cheers Claude!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Mike, I hate it so much when that happens, that's why I normally try to copy my comment if my internet is being buggy before I hit post. Good to see you like the list, thanks :)

    And yes, if you loved K-On etc, A-Channel is something you'd enjoy.

    So much One Piece, aren't they up to like ~450?

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many animes, so little time xD

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Claude They are over 500 ... Not sure how i'm going to handle that, but its holding my attention for now

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Mike, Gosh... I don't think that's really worth my time. I'd prefer to watch 500 episodes of different shows each 12 episodes, being able to watch and see the conclusion of many more stories is much more entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks sweet. I'll keep an eye out. a3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty useful thx! been looking for stuff to watch

    ReplyDelete
  20. >What are you watching this season?

    Kaiji 2 so far. I was going to pick up around ten series, but I decided to watch some old stuff first and catch up with the current season later.

    ReplyDelete